View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,646,219.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
dont forget he also won silver in the world champs losing in the final by only one point. I wouldnt be so confident in saying his olympic gold was a fluke. Even if he did lose to the Cuban Savon in the first round after that he dominated until the final where he won a close (but i think deserved) victory.

Also, and i know this gets said a lot but its still valid, the guy is still a complete novice. Hes winning at the moment on pure athleticism, give him time and his fluidity in the ring will improve. I think that is the main reason he wants to stay amateur, for the consistent ring experience against world class opponents. Personally i'd like to see him go pro after the World championships, hopefully with Matchroom so his fights will be on Sky.

edit: i say matchroom but if goldenboy are still sniffing around the uk market the exposure he will get from would be crazy, plus they work with sky aswell (with Khan)
That's what i;m saying. In any other country he would have lost by a very wide margin to Savon and IMO and quite a few others he lost to the Italian in the final. I'm not putting him down as a fighter but I think he should make haye whislt the sun shines. For any Amateur boxer now is the time to turn pro whilst your fresh in the peoples minds. If for isntance johsua gets to the world championsips, flops and doesnt medal? he will be forgotten and his once attractive Gold medal and popularity will be tarnished. People flock to the winners and not the runners up.