View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Boxingwizard
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Boxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingwizard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,688,138,527.25
Total Points: 73,748,608,497.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis40 View Post
Hey Iceman didn't you train dawson in the amateurs. I noticed you said 2004. I thought it was earlier then that?Do you think Hopkins hurt Dawson more in that fight then Dawson hurt him? He looked pretty banged up after the fight and he seemed like he was about to start crying in the post fight interview. He was taking some serious right hands plus a couple head butts.
I thought that was a terrible fight, that was probably one of Chad's worst performances in his career. The main reason why the fight was so close was because Chad was fighting Hopkins wrong.

Chad was fighting flat footed with his head leaning forward, which allowed Hopkins time him and tie him up. Had Chad fought fleet footed and fought tall, he would would have had more opportunities to throw more punches and land to the body. His jab would have been more effective and it would create distance to counter Hopkins when's lunging in.

I think Chad would have done better with Steward. This is no disrespect to Scully. Again the problem is Chad switching trainers too much, you just don't hire a new trainer in the middle of a scheduled fight. Firing Steward after one fight and hiring Scully was reckless and stupid, and the results were not good.

Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-12-2013 at 05:39 PM.