View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
rightsideup
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,200,393,894.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
The lead up was really disgusting. The fight couldn't have lived up to the hype because it was really only hyped along racial lines. The casual fans ate it up but almost every boxing insider knew this would likely be a one sided affair because Holmes was too much.

Fight pretty much played out that way.
I think gerry showed alot of courage but did not have the skills to stay with a top hw as holmes is thought by some to be around 5th overall. You are correct in saying the leadup was disgusting and it sad that larry was portrayed as the black villian
by the promotions and I also believe he did not get paid as well as gerry.
I read a story about in SI about 5 years ago about how they are now good friends.