View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,063,930.72
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

I thought Cooney did pretty well against Holmes. He fought 5 good fights leading up to the bout with Holmes and was the undeafeated "white hope"!!
He earned the spot and it was up hill march no doubt so he got stopped late (11th I think?)
Jerry had a nice left body hook that was a natural punch for him. I remember him in the NYC tourneys as an amatuer, I think as a little kid he fought middleweight! I'm pretty sure he won some tourneys or atleast was a finalists in some! Nice guy and a respectful one also! Ray.