View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,078,188.60
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Post 1975 Ali was never going to beat prime Holmes.

But I do think Ali's performance was very much hampered by the weakening his body went through because of the thyroid pills which shed his weight. I think he'd have given a better show without them even if he came in the wrong side of 230Lbs. Though it is obvious that the early signs of Parkinsons are there.

There were moments where Ali looked quite quick in sparring in that video, but he was an empty shell on fight night who could barely put one fast jab together, let alone a combination!

Thanks for uploading. I have the documentary 'Muhammad and Larry' saved on my Sky box. It features alot (but not all of the footage in that clip). If there is any more of this documentary on You tube......great!

Even Ali who is hopelessly post prime is more entertaining than just about anyone.