View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Southpawkiller
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Southpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these partsSouthpawkiller is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 29,871.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
This is another thread confirming the strongly held and widely held opinion Floyd is a cherry picker.

He didnt perform that well at 154 so should stay at 147? I dont understand this way of thinking. Its like saying dont take any risks floyd if you want to keep your zero.

Im sure JMM fights better around 135 or 140 than 147, but its a case of challenging yourself and going places that are risky and out of your comfort zone, not staying in your comfort zone like Floyd has done all his career just about.

Floyd dont fight much, so its even more important he takes risky fights and serious challenges everytime he gets in the ring, rather than fight Pacs leftovers, but at 154, as if 154 is supposed to erase all critism for Floyd. Fighting Pacs leftovers but at 154?
Floyd lost out on FOTD with his do just as much as he can possibly get away with attitude, dont he and his fans learn>
I have no interest in engaging in a Floyd v Manny debate: there is a separate forum for that. My thread was about the general state of boxing and the mindset of a group of members on this forum.

I may not agree with your opinion but you are entitled to it.

I could come back at you on so many of the "points" you raised above (the word catchweight comes to mind) but it would be the defeat the purpose of the thread. I was hoping for a more objective response tbh.