View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Slip Stream
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Slip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,001,041,309.65
For your solid contributions - JAB5239 To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Default Attitude Matters Absolutely.....

Currently, I work in a high trauma environment with the homeless, and have for several years. I know my work is exemplary by almost any standard, but if my organization fired me they'd probably be doing me a favor. To answer the question, yeah, I've gotten canned before, but it had nothing to do with my quality of work, because I always bring it. In the end, it all boiled down to attitude, mine was terrible and it was obvious. Attitude matters where you work, so one's skills might be invaluable to the task at hand, but if one has a terrible outlook, you've undercut yourself by more than half. No one wants to work with someone that brings an attitude of self-importance and arrogance to a place where you have to be potentially up to eight hours or more together, that isn't inspiring and people want to be motivated and inspired.

This fact was never more true when America elected President Barack Obama the first time around. What I needed was some distance from my firing so I could look at it more objectively. A change of attitude got me in the door where I'm at now, it got me promoted, and has opened a lot of doors I thought would never open, all because I chose to adjust my attitude.

Getting fired feels terrible though....

Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-06-2013 at 07:41 AM..