View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 314,956.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
Faster handspeed but not faster feet IMO & he has virtually upper body movement, only time he moves his head is when its getting snapped back or when he does that stupid leaning back & shaking of his head his idol does.
I think he has terrible footwork & footspeed.
I am utterly convinced he is far from what he is made out to be.

A poor mans Berto rather than a poor mans Floyd if you ask.
Come on. You have to admit he's much better than Berto. After you mentioned his footwork I went back and took a look. Man the boy's footwork is deceivingly good. The way he controls distance leaving room to punch is Mayweatherish. Every boxer has idols. Ali-SRR, Foreman-Liston, now Broner-Mayweather. That shouldn't count against a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockoutking565 View Post
Did you watch the Moses fight, Katsidis fight and Recent Mitchell fight? Its funny how everybody see's Broner as this Unstoppable Monster with God-like boxing skills and Little crap bum Ricky Burns who has no power, speed, chin or technique to even make it past the second stands no chance with the MIGHTY ADRIEN BRONER!!! lol give me a break! the guy has been fighting little zombie-like mexicans who are scared to death and also has been basically a welterweight on fight night while fighting those guys, Broner is good but WAYYYYY Overhyped, Burns is a very good technical boxer with long arms, a great jab, tight guard and punches very well to the head and body, He is also a BIG dude, he will also come in at fight night around 140-148 lbs.

I will still pick broner to win by a UD (like a 116-112 or 115-113 type scorecard) But at the same time i wouldnt be shocked if burns wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Whether it's an easy fight for Broner remains to be seen, it still should happen. The guy is one of the top lightweights around; so he should just get a pass and not fight Broner because he probably loses? That's not how boxing works, I think Broner should gun fro Burns in May and Vazquez in August to claim lightweight kingship.