View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,185,484.87
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
Great! That means you're capable of being objective. But, don't get me wrong. Defending Robinson is not exactly the most difficult thing to do. He was an all time great...no doubt. So, it's not exactly as if your opinion is garbage. It's conventional wisdom.

But, I guess you noticed the Floyd votes that are trickling in... rofl
It's easy to be objective when comparing Robinson and Chavez. Chavez doesn't even come close. After winning his first 40 or so, Robinson was unbeaten (a draw or two included) for his next something like 90 after that. He beat better fighters. He beat them earlier and for longer. he was just flat out better.

There are fighters who can challenge the conventional wisdom about Robinson. Chavez isn't one of them.