Thread: Andre Dirrell
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,208,986,096.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
You felt he grew up in the Froch fight? At what stage was that? After he ran his ass around the ring?
That's EXACTLY my point, mate. He ran (& ran & ran) & threw nothing in return.

For about 10 1/2 rounds.

Froch, on the other hand, pressed forward ineffectually.

Neither one, in my opinion, deserved a win. I watched it on Showtime & their commentary was horrendous. The most biased crap I have ever heard. That's the reason why so many Stateside screamed robbery. They should watch it again without the Showtime twats in the background.

But, sometime late in the fight I just sensed that Dirrell thought to himself "I'm good enough to compete at this level". If he fought the whole fight like he fought at the end he may have won. Of course, he may also have got knocked out so you never know.

He is super talented but he doesn't appear to have a fighters mentality.

And I do agree with the comments that he acted up in the Abraham fight - although we never know the real damage a fighter feels in the ring.