View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 945,030,715.18
deliciousness - tongue me Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post

It sure seems odd to me when athletes are playing/fighting at their career best when they are close to 40. This wasn't boxing, but Barry Bonds looked superhuman to me when he hit 73 homers.
Barry Bonds always hit home runs. Even when he was a tiny dude. He put on more weight to put more behind his swings. Hell, Ken Griffy Jr. would have most likely left Bonds in the dust regardless. We all know he's clean. The guys body couldn't hold up against the wind. He was one of those once in a life time talents.

You're also not counting the rounds in which Marquez hand to land that shot and the fact that in boxing ring IQ trumps all. Sometimes being the fastest, or strongest just isn't enough in boxing. It sure does help, but being a smarter fighter goes way further. Marquez is no slouch, and I don't think that fight was the best of his career. Probably the most memorable though.

I mean Nonito Donaire is living proof. The guy makes fun of other peoples styles, but when you look into it, he has an eye for their game and how they fight. He's got an excellent IQ for boxing and even though he's beating up older guys right now he's showing that he can learn anything from any time period.