View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,748,909,741,757.38
Total Points: 1,748,918,670,585.19
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post
I'm sick of these "stepping stone, baby steps, etc" fights. I don't see Bryant f*ckin Jennings taking baby steps. He had a limited amateur career as well but he's stepping up & making a name for himself..

If you keep on fighting sh1tty opposition then you're reinforcing that you aren't ready. FFS, Wilder was Wlads chief sparring partner. If you can hang with the real hw champion of the world, even though it's sparring, you're ready to fight a decent opponent.
Regardless of their backgrounds Bryant Jennings is much further along skill wise than Wilder is. I don't care to get into the why or how it came to be that way.

I don't see why everyone is so worked up about this fight in particular. Povetkin just let Rahman fight for a world title, something Wilder is a solid 2 years away from himself. So is Wilder the problem? Or world champs like Povetkin?

Sparring is one thing. Sparring with Wlad was probably good for Wilder because Wlad is too nice to hurt him badly.

All I know is i've watched Wilder enough times to see he is not ready for a legit Top-20 opponent. The people who are clamoring hardest for it to happen are those that want it to happen only to see him lose.

If they fought today Bryant Jennings would knock Wilder out inside 3 rounds. It wouldn't even be competitive. So I don't see any reason they should be fighting the exact same level of competition.