View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Angry Cuban
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Angry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond reputeAngry Cuban has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,789,051,817.85
Total Points: 289,789,522,944.30
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...(this post deserves a cold beer) - jose830 Nuestro Momento llego!!! Rigo!!! - Cubanborn87 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post

It is a COMMON myth that amateur boxing is this soft and safe sport...the headgear limits CUTS, not actual equlibriem (sp??) damage so much..some of the best KO's I have ever seen have come either in amateur fights or the gym with headgear on...also. the gloves ARE NOT HUGE LOL I dont know who told someone that and they ran with it but amateurs fight in 10 or 12 ounce ounce gloves depending on the weight class, same as pro fights (Ive fought in 12's as a pro a coule times)...you should definitely not make the mistake of thinking punches in amateur boxing are soft and weak...anyone going to a gym and putting on 12 ounce amateur fight gloves will NOT wish to get hit with them, I can assure you of this.
Thank for your post....