View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,072,244.63
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
I don't really think so much stock should be put into the view of one publication. I saw an American judge score Froch-Ward 115-113...that came from someone with boxing knowledge, but I didn't agree with that score at all. That didn't make me question my views on the fight though.

I myself did think it was a clear victory, not because Haye was great, but because he made Valuev look like the fighter he was. Valuev was throwing arm punches and hitting air 85% of the time while Haye was landing his punches when he did throw. I go for the effective work over the guy who throws a lot.
Yeah, but it was more than one publication that thought that Valuev won. And I didn't even check US publications. And let me ask you just one question. If Haye won why didn't Dirrell win when he fought the same style and actually did much better against Froch? All the Brit fans state that Andre lost because he fought safe and ran. Does that sound familiar?