View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,532,857,479.62
Total Points: 23,633,221,409.00
boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez ICE IS THE MAN! - S a m u r a i Paid his dues - RunW/Knives Cash for the Iceman - RunW/Knives Sick fighter all heart - RunW/Knives 
Skill and Know also, but Lion Heart. - RunW/Knives BScene's treasure! - jazluvr Thanks for the help and Happy New Year! - The Surgeon enjoyed your fights, you are awesome - happyman one of the great posters - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg***8482; View Post
amatuer you have head gear and huge gloves and the way they score fights is just plain dumb. in the pros no head gear smaller gloves and the scoring is based on more elements of boxing then just tag the other person.

So where one fighter can be great in the amateurs, he can still be very untested in the pros. It different on a case by case situation, look at taylor sucked in the amateurs compared to his olympic team counterparts but then he out performed them and thrived in the pros.

It is a COMMON myth that amateur boxing is this soft and safe sport...the headgear limits CUTS, not actual equlibriem (sp??) damage so much..some of the best KO's I have ever seen have come either in amateur fights or the gym with headgear on...also. the gloves ARE NOT HUGE LOL I dont know who told someone that and they ran with it but amateurs fight in 10 or 12 ounce ounce gloves depending on the weight class, same as pro fights (Ive fought in 12's as a pro a coule times)...you should definitely not make the mistake of thinking punches in amateur boxing are soft and weak...anyone going to a gym and putting on 12 ounce amateur fight gloves will NOT wish to get hit with them, I can assure you of this.

Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 12-28-2012 at 03:29 PM.