View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,206,404.17
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
There an old axiom "absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Do you think most people can't handle having power?

I once worked with a girl who seemed very sweet and pleasant until she was promoted to supervisor, and then she became a real tyrant, reminding me of the "Nurse Rached" character in the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Psychologists say that people who are even slightly psychopathic should never be given a position of authority.

Do you think having power changes people?
complex question... its an "as above so below" kinda thing... examples for the affirmative abound...

from dictators to cult leaders to controlling nuts in a more intimate social groups like patients in a psychotherapy session... but then again maybe some examples for the negative are just being underrated by the media who always crave controversy...

having absolute power and being altruistic at the time to me feels like a myth...

Last edited by talip bin osman; 12-28-2012 at 02:59 PM..