View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Marvellous1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Marvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,024,577.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin douglas View Post
The problem you Floyd-haters have is that when Floyd fights one guy you automatically say he's ducking another guy. Look what's happening now.

If he fights Canelo, then he's ducking the Ghost and Martinez. If he fights the Ghost, then he's ducking Canelo, right?

Admittedly, he could have fought Pac, but Pac can be accused of ducking that fight just as much as Floyd.

To say Floyd was ducking Margo is ridiculous.
I don't think it's ridiculous to say Mayweather ducked Margarito. The fight was there, but Mayweather had his sights on De la Hoya (a fight Arum didn't want to make). He opted for Baldomir, who was the number one welterweight but not the greater threat. Call it a business move, or facing the lineal champ or whatever but Mayweather could've fought Margarito and didn't. Marg, then losing to Williams at the wrong time didn't help, but doesn't change much.

I'd like to ask the threadstarter to define the term "cherry picking". I'm curious.