View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Marvellous1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Marvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,024,329.12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lc9K...e=results_main

I don't know how to embed videos. But check this post interview of Mosley's post-fight interview after beating Vargas the second time. He doesn't sound too keen does he?

I guess that takes care of one of your names.

I can't even be bothered to go into timelines on Tszyu, Cotto and Martinez but anyone who knows their boxing history knows why those fights either happened when they did, or didn't at all. The only fights Mayweather could've taken that he didn't were Margarito and Pacquiao. But hey, when a fighter walks away from a 50/50 offer and stringent PED testing (which EVERYONE seems to want now), what can you do?

Mayweather is not nearly the greatest fighter of all time, one of the most skillful boxers but despite all his achievements (being champion for, what, nearly 15 years, beating more champions and former champions than anyone else of his generation, winning titles at multiple divisions, being twice fighter of the year, a top P4P fighter for a decade), inactivity and shameless pursuit of the almighty dollar has seen him miss opportunities to leave no doubt in anyone's mind of his place in boxing history.

On a side note, these threads seem to have been more in abundance in the last week or so. I guess the mourning period of a certain planking is subsiding. We must be in the "anger" phase (being that "shock", "denial" and "sadness" have passed).