View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 161,325,555,100.96
Total Points: 184,826,060,923.15
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
I would say Donaire Mares because that is the bigger fight and the winner is on to fairly big things in the low weight classes.

Martinez-Golovkin is a very nice fight also, but I doubt it makes the winner a bankable star.

Based on purely which is the better fight without thinking about where it leads, I couldn't pick they should both be top-shelf contests. I could see Donaire eating up Mares but by the same token I could see Golovkin smashing Martinez but I think the guys involved are all close enough to at least make it a quality fight before such a scenario really took hold.

Martinez is already a bankable star (obviously not on Floyd like levels), apparently he's huuuge in Argentina, on Messi levels from what people say. Donaire-Mares is a mismatch.. Donaire KOs Mares imo... The winner wont be that much bigger name wise. Martinez has more to lose than gain though vs GGG. He's basically giving out a meal ticket for a big risk. Mares-Donaire is honestly the only fight that makes sense for both of them (Aside from Donaire-Rigo..but Donaire has much more to lose for even higher risk).

Mares-Donaire is a bankable rivalry..they'd probably be better off doing a rematch regardless of winner unless one moves up. Martinez has a few options and I very much doubt he fights GGG.

I think GGG would be more competitive in that Martinez at his age, size, makes him seem like he COULD get Pacquiao'd. Donaire is possibly the biggest, fastest, hardest puncher, and maybe the most skilled (only Rigo compares on paper) in his division. I dont think...fandom for Mares aside..anyone feels Donaire loses a fight to him. Id love the be proven wrong however.

Anyway, I'd love to watch both fights. ... But I lrefer Martinez fight a bigger name on his way out the game.