View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Null
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Null has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,027,016,944.70
good ownage of floydiots. - I'm so sorry merry christmas - the collector 
Default Do you dudes practice amateur observational astronomy?

Do any of you dudes practice amateur observational astronomy? If so, let's talk about it. I would like to get into astro-photography, but I don't really know too much about it. I know I have to get a motor so the scope can move along with earth's rotation, some kind of camera adapter to sit on telescope eyepiece slot, and the camera itself. There is a telescope store a couple of miles away and I like to go talk to those dudes about this hobby. I am learning how to read sky charts, with respect to coordinates in right ascension and declination. I have practiced this before and was able to find Uranus, it was just a blue-green dot. I love it. I would like to take my telescope to Joshua Tree, a desert, so I can see the night sky as it should be viewed. Yesterday, I looked at Jupiter, the Moon, and the Orion Nebula. But, everything looks like sh*t in the city sky. My other target is the Andromeda Galaxy (M31). I am sure there are target objects that are recommended for beginners. I will buy amateur astronomy books, I guess. I am taking an optics class (Physics III) next semester, so I can learn more about this stuff. Whatever.

I have this telescope....

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

These are pictures people took with the same telescope I have...

Andromeda (M31)
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

Orion Nebula(M42)

Pleiades(M45)