View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,377.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
http://shootafairone.wordpress.com/2...work-all-show/

Great article and this basically reflects the way I feel about it. I highlighted a good part of it here:
It's a terrible article. That style of mitt work is specifically for counter-punching. It's not the only style they use either, I've seen them teach the basic punches and have the fighters use leverage by planting their feet, turning their hips, and turning their hands over on the punches.

The problem is that people only see the counter-punching mitt work and assume that's all that they do; that's wrong.

Along with that, I can't help but be a bit perturbed by trainers who observe that style of mitt work and bite off of it by selling dvds breaking down how to do it. If anyone should be getting paid and making dvds off of that style, it should be the Mayweather's.

Coach Rick posts a gagillion videos a day doing the Mayweather style mitt work, yet hasn't produced a single champion biting off of it... a fighter he trained got stopped on ESPN by Karim Mayfield; it's just bothersome that he's promoting somebody else's mitt work to get paid.