View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:24 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,347,039.73

Not after one fight, but I think it was great he was able to get the first one with Hunter in before the end of 2012. Sounds like he won't fight again until April, so that's 4 months of gym time.

I went to the Molina fight and I gotta say that Khan's speed is damn impressive...faster than I thought and up there among the fastest I've seen in person. Even if he always stays who he is, as long as he maintains that level of speed he will be a handful.

Not much bouncing around this time and somewhat less predictable, so that was good. He fought really hard off the ropes in that once sequence, which was really nice, but it definitely looked like it gassed him for the next round and he had to take it off.

He was getting caught with left hooks early in the fight but there were also some that weren't landing because he was bringing his hands back to his head faster and in a better position. After maybe the 5-6th, he barely got touched with anything you wouldn't expect in a typical boxing match. Matched him up with a lighter punching guy who brought a little of his speed from the lighter weight, so he was able to hit Khan which was cool for him confidence. Molina wasn't a bum. All in all, I thought he did pretty good...still kinda like he was in between what was new and what is still leftover.

As far as future fights, I happen think Garcia is on his own path and they aren't going to be looking Amir's way if he beats Zab, but who knows. Molina's style, to me, resembled one you'd want to fight b4 Danny, so I know that is what Khan is thinking.

I guess you might as well get KO'ed by Danny again than by Josesito Lopez who is also going to be dangerous because of the sheer number and types of hooks he throws. Both really good fights for us though.