View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 86 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 199,919,112,939,856.91
Total Points: 199,919,112,945,879.53
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arraamis View Post
No matter how hard I try, I cannot see the correlation of your post to what I stated.
My issue was\is to address guys making comparisons between atrocities involving CHILDREN. Though it is clear that the death of innocents will always be the most severe incident, still whether children are being attacked in China, or being murdered in Conn. USA ... remains tragic however you wish to view it. And any comparisons can only raise on one side while lowering on the other -- And that shouldn't be done where innocent children are the targets.

I also, cannot see how the topic got sidetracked to gun control ...
You can't have it both ways.

Anti-gun control people are always the first to bring up the issue when a shooting happens (only they do so denouncing gun control). Meanwhile, anyone who would raise the need for more gun control in such a case is typically denounced.

Yet, two very similar incidences happen on the same day, one involving a knife and no deaths, the other guns and dozens of deaths, and now anti-gun control people are absolutely blind to the comparison?

The term for that is cognitive dissonance at best or pure dishonesty at worst. It's probably a bit of both though really. In any case, it is only proper for the anti-gun control people to discuss things in such a way as to fit their narrow agenda. No critical thinking attains.