View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,505,717,055,376.49
Total Points: 2,751,717,273,520.17
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Abraham is 5' 10" too, but because of his style, he's too short for 168. Do you know what I mean?

Like Tyson was -5' 10"-5' 11" at HW, but look at the guys' style, he was unstoppable and huge, all muscle, didn't come up from anywhere, was a HW from the start to finish. And anyway, his height definitely did play apart in his demise. Imagine a 6' 7" Mike Tyson.

Anyway, we can sit here and name 5 10 LHW's all day, I just don't think Canelo at 168 would be effective. He's 5' 9", short reach, his style is not well-suited for 168+. Unless he develops some pretty good defense, he'll just be labeled a "bloated up MW" if he does go up to 168 and he will look sloppy up there.
It has nothing to do with Abraham's style, he's just not that good and got exposed when he stepped up.

Canelo's reach is just one inch shorter than Pascal's. I think he could make up for his height disadvantage with his counterpunching ability and a good stiff jab. But he has a long way to go before he even thinks about fighting at that weight, it's way too early to speculate on the subject, I'm just saying it's doable.