View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 PM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,981,305,233.89
Total Points: 109,212,501,648.81
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
Why not. His speed was on point, so was his power and conditioning. Hell that was the best Pacquiao looked since the Cotto fight.

He made a mistake and was clipped, but it wasn't like he was taking a beating or getting outboxed.

I'm glad he isn't retiring and hopefully he can take on Rios/Bradley win that one and rematch Marquez.

What I think Manny will learn from this is that he doesn't need to revert back to his overly aggressive style as he is more skilled and he doesn't have to take the risk he did against Marquez (and earlier in his career) to put opponents away.
the constant fients with the potshotting style vs counter punchers is good, what he needs to remove from his repotoire, atleast against marquez, is the lunging, he was doing good just fienting up to marquez slowly and gradually leaning foward and slowly closing the distance, the lunge from the outside is just trouble

Last edited by TheHolyCross; 12-11-2012 at 11:48 PM.