View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,188,559.48
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Stallone's biggest contribution was his series of Rocky movies. Gatti contributed four Ring Magazine fights of the year. He attracted fans to the sport and drew good ratings for HBO.

I agree that he was an average fighter and does not have a HOF resume. But if writers, promoters and actors can get in because of their contributions to the sport, why can't fighters themselves?
And the Rocky movies probably had more of a positive impact on the popularity of boxing than Gatti did. More people have seen Rocky than know who Gatti was. Gatti was a special thing for hardcore fight fans but his reach was never much beyond that. Rocky movies and Sugar Ray Leonard were a huge part of the early 1980s post-Ali boom.

What you're saying is why some want to see a special wing for great fights/rivalries to acknowledge that sort of thing for fighters who may not belong with the GOAT.

Others think Gatti getting in is as it should be. I didn't vote for him. Not sweating his induction though either. I get it.