View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 124 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,429,458,059,146.15
Total Points: 25,429,458,308,674.85
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIB420 View Post
I think something missing here is also "Honesty". You need to be honest with yourself about your shortcommings and be honest with your fighter as well. I've been an assistant coach for a MMA group. I was brought in to more or less be a second set of eyes and see things the head coach might be missing. (especially as the team size grew) In one particular instance I had to ask the head coach to re-evaluate some of the advice he was given one particular fighter. This kid was ready to turn down a very well paying job in order to pursue a professional MMA career. He was good, and had a lot of natural talent, but he wasn't anything amazing. The coach wasn't being honest with himself or the kids ability and was pushing him into an MMA career versus a job that started at $30.00 an hour with plenty of overtime paying $45 an hour... and that was just the starting wage. If the kid was a little younger and amazing, I'd have maybe considered it, but in this particular case, the Job and MMA as a hobby made way more sense than trying to turn pro and struggling through the ranks.
This is true. We recently had a kid that was arguably the most talented kid in the gym leave because his heart wasn't in it. Boxing is the toughest sport in the world (imo) and if you aren't willing to leave your heart and soul in the ring, then you don't belong in there.

You have to see what a kid is made of and see if he's willing to really think about this as a career.