View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
marvin douglas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 marvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these partsmarvin douglas is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,029,801.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeMack View Post
Great fighters do not get KO'd like Manny did? Paq got pulverized. Sugar Ray never happened to either of them. Ali- Floyd-Chavez not happening. Paq got smashed face first in an embarrassing manner. Paq is not great merely good. Big difference in great and good. When a pug gets KO'd like Paq went out you never ever recover from that mentally or physically.
Wrong.

All great fighters get KO'ed at some point in their careers if the keep fighting long enough.

Joey Maxim KO'ed Ray Robinson and Macho KO'ed Ray Leonard. Duran got annihilated by Hitman Hearns, who in turn got blistered by Hagler.

L. Lewis got smashed twice and was still a great heavyweight. Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson and Mike Spinks all got put to sleep in the ring. While not as bad as Manny, they still got seriously KO'ed.

In fact, in my opinion, a fighter cannot be considered great unless he gets KO'ed because that shows he took on a challenge to test his greatness.

That's my one beef with Floyd -- he never tested his ability. And I'm not talking about fighting Manny, who is smaller that he is.

To be great, I think Floyd should fight for the middleweight title. Even if he gets KO'ed by Golovkin, his status will go up because the tested the limits of his fighting ability by giving up the advantage of reach, weight and strength.