View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan

Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 258,487,030,556.10
Total Points: 460,487,256,232.41
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Knowledgable boxing people will compare skills and education(experience)! the average fan needs to use common opponents or other statistics, they don't know techniques or are able to understand "willingness" of a fighters passion to win.
Arcel is a wealth of knowledge from his "experiences" and certainly knows the entangables that the great fighters had and maintained. Styles make fights so common opponents can be very overated when judging a fighters abilities.
My opinion of Freddy Brown & Ray Arcel is their at the highest pinnacle of trainers, corner work (ability to take care of a fighter and break down the opponent)!!! They were the type of trainers that fighters layed it all on the line for!!! Ray.
So let me get this straight... knowledgeable people compare conjecture and average people use indisputable fact? You realize that that is NOT something an intelligent person would say right?

You can compare any fighter from any era, you just have to make sure you temper your expectations to the era. If you compare resumes straight up, guys from pre-1960 are going to get a big boost because they fought so much more (for the most part) so they beat more quality guys. I personally don't think there's much difference in fighters since 1920 (and quite few before then could hold up too).