View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74,349,643,857,804.44
Total Points: 76,352,809,336,429.16
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jay View Post
Personally, I like to see how well a fighter adjusts to new weight classes before I start running my mouth.

I mean even with Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather, I was a big fan but I kept quiet during those moments when they still weren't established at new divisions.

Claiming what Ward could do at 175 IMO is a fool's errand.

We don't know what he can do and we don't know how well he will be able to sustain his style with the extra weight.

Shane Mosley is a classic example. Shane was a DEMON at LW, but he chased the money AKA DelaHoya all the way up to WW and jrMW. Shane was a match for DLH as DLH's skills were ALWAYS overrated IMO, but against other guys, especially those at 154, Shane's "powerboxing" style just didn't translate.

It had nothing to do with Shane being "passed it" like some idiots say. Shane NEVER had the magic at WW or above like he had at LW. Its was at LW that Shane made his reputation.

Ward might be the best SMW, but let's let Ward show and prove before we start acting like the Republicans that began celebrating Romney's win before the election even began.
I hear you but there's no reason to think he can't move up comfortably at the moment. He has fought at light heavy before. And I thought he looked fierce and fast at 171lbs in that fight he had before Kessler, I think. I think a move up might actually help Ward.