View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Brother Jay
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,949,077.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Liquor View Post
I was replying to a post that said campillo wouldnt do shi t against ward cuz he has no power.

What i was sayingis that one could compete with ward without power, but one couldnt without being strong.
Well I disagree.

Being strong in the context that I gather you meant it simply means that you are strong enough to handle Ward on the inside with sh*t gets ugly and rough. We definitely saw that in the Bika fight.

However I think that the key to beating anyone is not attacking strength but weakness. Taking a man out of his comfort zone and leaving him without an option to answer.

I think Ward is solid, all around fighter. I don't think he is above average in any one department aside from his extraordinary will and desire to win.

I think that Dirrell has a better than average chance of outboxing Ward ... depending on which Dirrell shows up. Ward can be outboxed, but the problem is that once someone begins to enjoy any surge of success with Ward, he switches his approach up and turns up his intensity, which throws his opponents off.

Dirrell IMO is easily shaken up. If he could come in and use HIS OWN TOOLS AND APPROACH instead of trying to match Ward blow for blow, I think he could take it.

But that's the thing: The secret to Ward's success is that he's always in the fight and he never let's his opponent get comfortable enough to dictate the pace. Andre is always hustling and finding a way to score more often than his opponent.

I thought Ward was tested more in his fight against Bika than he was against both Froch and Dawson. Bika is a rough, dirty fighter who surprised Andre a couple of times in that fight. He was willing to exceed the level of aggression that Ward was bringing, even if at times dirty, and that IMO took Ward out of his comfort zone.

Still, Ward found a way to win. He adjusted. That's what the science is about: Inches, making adjustments and picking your shots. The best know this and that's why they are the best. That's why they stay the best.

Strength in a boxing match is only good for stamina and rough style tactics. Other than that only guys like Kirkland benefit from using "muscle strength" .. and that's mostly because they are arm punchers.

A relaxed fighter will always be the best fighter. Strength just doesn't come into play in that regard with the science. Staying loose and keeping good form will always outweigh brute strength.