View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,107,032.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

It's more than just teaching the X's and O's though, it's also knowing how to deal with your fighters mental state. Recently for example, I was in another gym where they had this kid sparring hard a week out of his fight. First, I never do that because I want him to be fresh and don't want to risk injury or a cut. A fighter in my opinion should stop sparring about 2 weeks prior to his fight.
Good post mate.

The only point I disagree with is the stopping sparring 2 week before a fight if this applies to amateurs (especially inexperienced lads)..

I know everyone is different, and for some lads this may not be an issue, however, we have a few lads who would suffer if they didn't spar for 2 weeks.

It seems to be the counter punchers that suffer more than the come forward bangers in my experience.

Personally, I would encourage a light spar 3-4 days from a fight if it was an amateur contest.

Maybe these effects are less noticeable at the higher levels as the lads are more experienced ? Not sure, I don't train any top level lads. Thoughts