View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,571.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambov View Post
If any of you are up for some good journalism, please take sometime to read. A friend of mine sent me this today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...p&sct=hp_wr_a4
You are very fight, this is a great article, and really rivetting. I don't exactly see the cocaine and ording the guards to shoot at the crowd in his makeup, but it makes a completely isolated, intriguing story.

The article just confirms what I've always felt about Arum as a person, but surprisingly doesn't really mention his considerable charitable inclinations and donations. He and his wife keep several charities going, and I know personally that he keeps at least 3 charities afloat, being their main donor. She has been working in The Home of the Good Shepherd, (for lost and wayward girls) for over 50 years, and is a director and worker in many similar charities.

I suppose that the focus is on boxing. Altogether, a fine and often misunderstood (the story of his life) couple.