View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,251,144.19

Sticking to the point. The Times Square reasnoning is often used by old timers to tell us how much boxing has fallen. I think considering Times Square still plays a big roll in boxing they shouldn't use this excuse anymore. Things seem to be the same as they ever were.

As for boxing's popularity falling. I don't believ the desire for boxing has faded, othwer wise Manny and Mayweather wouldn't sell so much. It's more to do with the accessibility given boxing has closed itself off on an unreachable network.

I don't think Wlad and Vitali are as forgotten as people try say. They appear frequently on major american talk shows and used to get pretty high ratings on HBO - 7 million for Lewis, 2.5 million for Arreolla. The Haye-Wlad ratings are all over the place. One source says it did 1 million but I don't believe that. Haye-Wlad was the highest trending topic in the US on the day. It got a **** tonne of buzz the likes I only see Manny or Mayweather getting there. For example Cotto only made it to number 3 on google trends and managed 1.4 million. Wlad-Haye accounted for around HALF of the top US google searches on the day. Scott Christ reported the replay alone did 1.5 million ... so I don't see how the "leaked" 1 million report can be real.