View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
anonymous2.0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 anonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,031,854.58
Remain anonymous, yet present. - Atreyu Khalil 

I disagree.

A pension sounds good, but really its another fee the fighters under the WBC have to pay, and not every boxer under the WBC is making 6 figure paydays. I really don't see outside serious 3rd party funding for this and I don't see how the WBC will be able to solely fund a world wide pension for their athletes. And as for the Old Guard who have come on hard financial woes, this pension idea is just basically giving them free money.

This pension idea sounds good and makes the critics happy, but it doesn't solve the underlining problem that many of the boxers today do not have the financial background to properly manage their money. Honestly the only two boxers I would think would have no problem managing their money by themselves is Bernard Hopkins ( I believe he is a straight up miser) and Juan Manual Marquez (who was an accountant before boxing).

The NFL to my understanding is actually offering classes on how to properly manage money and portfolios. Maybe education is better then getting a pension.