View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136,998,132,407,538.30
Total Points: 215,498,132,414,615.12
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
I get your point but don't all promoters and managers do this with their fighters? They all put together a business plan and attempt to execute it. Been like this for a long time. It seems hard to criticize floyd for doing the same thing.
Mayweather is ultra-consistent with his plan and isn't known for being unpredictable. The only move Mayweather could make that I would be pleasantly surprised with is fighting Martinez @160. It's a fight nobody is expecting him to take, but we would still love to see Floyd put his rep on the line in that manner.

It's like Cotto when he chose to fight Trout. I could see the threat that Trout possessed and couldn't understand why Cotto would willingly put himself in that situation, but I definitely appreciated the choice. That's not the type of move that Floyd would make because the risk doesn't make sense to take. Cotto could've side-stepped Trout and went straight for Canelo because he has the political pass to do so. If the money isn't there, or if the fighter hasn't met some sort of requirement, Mayweather won't bother and keep it moving. It's a good quality in a human being, but not an admirable quality in a fighter.

Last edited by kiaba360; 12-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.