View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 09:10 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,355,720,873.89
Total Points: 20,355,922,077.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScience
Mike Tyson once said during his prime, "everybody at Lightweight should retire...Chavez is too dangerous."
so what... this sort of stuff was said about tyson, too and other fighters, mosdt of them overrated

Quote:
If you don't know by now , Whitaker waited for Chavez to get old. Just like Leonard did to fight Hagler. Whitaker was always asked, when are you going to fight Chavez and he would say when the time is right.
more a case of chavez not wanting the fight at 135, but this argument can go on forever...

Quote:
People always talk about the Chavez unbeaten streak. I find it funny if it was that easy how come it had not been done?
bcos who cares if you are fighting bums... actually padding record has become more and more common lately, differnce with today's fighters is chavez had a LONG and padded record (without the padding he would probably have a great 40 wins streak anyway, so hats off)

Quote:
Regardless who your fighting, you need to come in shape and train hard. Chavez loved to fight I can't say the same about any fighter these days.
I agree

I think chavez is a great fighter, he is overrated like rocky marciano is overrated (basically no, or just a very very tiny little bit).
Only difference rocky marciano's die hard, pressclippingbelieving fans are not around.
(I am not including you in this list, Sweetscience, your posts are always worth reading)

but pea schooled him and not past his prime, no excuses can be made

asian, good point what would have happened if he fought azuma nelson?