View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
7_rocket
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,049,583,274,297.62
Total Points: 1,049,583,289,934.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayZ View Post
Honestly? It's one of those fights that does not NEED to happen and in a way it would not benefit the UFC especially if Jones loses because Silva would most likely retire after that and their cashcow Jones marketability would go down quite a bit. On the other side, the UFC would probably sell a million PPVs at least, make some big money for that AND the UFC would expand due to it gaining more exposure due to the SUPERFIGHT.

I think it CAN happen if Dana really wanted it to happen because of the amount of money all parties could make out of it. In my opinion, Silva needs it more than Jones does because Jones has the Sonnen fight, Henderson, Gustaffson, Davis, Machida/Shogun rematches on the cards before an eventual move up to Heavyweight, so he has options. Silva does not really have the opponents in his weight class that Jones does. What real match up is exciting, will sell big PPVs and competitive at 185 with Silva? No one at the moment, Weidman is a promising fighter but we need to see more.

Joe Silva would not really play a huge part in this compared to Dana White, they would weigh the positives and negatives and it obviously will make money so therefore in that regard it does make sense. Anderson wants to solidify his legacy so it also makes sense.

Dana really wants that GSP v Silva fight though, and it's clearly evident that GSP does not want the fight but has indicated that he'll take the fight at 170 since he and his trainer have stated that Silva once made 168. Maybe they are using it as a bargaining chip just to make Silva come as far down as possible.

I am interested in either fight to be honest but it's clear to me why Silva wants the GSP fight and isn't too eager on the Jones fight. Dude said he and Jones were friends lol they met each other a handful of times most likely and exchanged a few words at most and that's it. Hes making it seem like they grew up together or something lol.
I def hear you with the cash cow, but lets say Silva loses to Jones which I think he won't. Then Silva retires because he's old and the new p4p guy Jones era really begins.

There will always be a superstar in the UFC, they might not be as deadly as Silva but hey who is?

UFC is still growing, well MMA for that matter. Who knows maybe one day someone will come and be greater than Silva,Jones, and GSP