View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Sparked_26
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,074,669.40
No Message - PrinceNaz88 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Glove- View Post
I don't buy that line because I see it every day. If you're motivated enough, there's always time. And there's always resources to assist in going back to school. No one's saying you have to go to a University at 10's of thousands a year. There are plenty of trade schools, apprenticeship programs (they PAY YOU while you're learning the job), certification classes, etc.
I'm not sure how it works over there with grants and such.

But from my own end I'm currently undertaking a further diploma with the view of retraining and paid for it entirely. This is on top of a degree that I have already obtained. I can only do this because I already have a good a job and was able to save. Also I have the usual outgoings.

If my circumstances were different and I was stupid enough to be lumbered with a couple of kids there is no doubt that in my mind that I'd be absolutely stuck. In a solid job but nonetheless a job I loathe...forever.

I am big into life-balance and a living-wage is a prerequisite for existing.