View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,051,224.56
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ Quality Poster - Dr Rumack 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
On the experience matter, from a pro's standpoint, they're both close to it. Ams is good, but this is the real thing. I think Gamboa has those qualities (skills, speed) but by a hair, the gap isn't that wide.

And at the end of the day, Gamboa's recklessness is always going to be there. If he can be knocked down by lesser fighters, with lesser power and speed, imagine if Broner lays it on him. Plus (and this goes for Broner too) Gamboa never fought someone of Broner's caliber and size. For Broner, I think he's fast enough to time Gamboa with jabs and hooks to the body.

I just can't envision any scenario where Gamboa A). stays on his feet and B). Win

And trust, I'd love nothing more than to see Broner humbled, I just don't think Gamboa is the one to do it. If I'm GBP, I'm salivating at the idea of this fight
The speed gap is huge in m eyes. Broner has good hand speed (not Gamboa level though), but the difference in footspeed is major. It's easy to walk down smaller guys like has been doing when they aren't very fast and also aren't very good. I think he'd have a torrid time with Gamboa's footspeed, then when you do get close you actually have to worry about a more skilled opponent with blinding speed, great technique and very good power.

Gamboa's real reckless style hasn't been on display in 3 years. Since he began to balance it out he has been systematic and dominant. Be it beating down Salido, utterly tearing through Solis or easily outboxing Ponce, he's been even better than before. I would love this fight, it would be the one that shows people Gamboa isn't just very good, he's one of the few great fghters in the sport.