View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM
JmH Reborn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 JmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 571,525,409,272.08
Total Points: 581,417,360,440.46
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil For the good laugh! - codey Go far. - FeFist Para celebrar la victoria - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JmH Reborn Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
Gamboa beats Broner.

Size is a good thing to have as an advantage and Broner does. However, being more skilled, faster, far more experienced and simply a better fighter is what Gamboa has in his favour. Even moving up, I'd also be confident in saying Gamboa hits harder.

Gamboa being 'chinny' isn't really anything, he was often knocked off balance because of his reckless nature, not hurt. That reckless style has been balanced out with patience and smarts over the last few years.
On the experience matter, from a pro's standpoint, they're both close to it. Ams is good, but this is the real thing. I think Gamboa has those qualities (skills, speed) but by a hair, the gap isn't that wide.

And at the end of the day, Gamboa's recklessness is always going to be there. If he can be knocked down by lesser fighters, with lesser power and speed, imagine if Broner lays it on him. Plus (and this goes for Broner too) Gamboa never fought someone of Broner's caliber and size. For Broner, I think he's fast enough to time Gamboa with jabs and hooks to the body.

I just can't envision any scenario where Gamboa A). stays on his feet and B). Win

And trust, I'd love nothing more than to see Broner humbled, I just don't think Gamboa is the one to do it. If I'm GBP, I'm salivating at the idea of this fight