View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
BostonGuy
Emeritus Champion

Rep Power: 200000 BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute BostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 353,226,948,624,011,705,188,352.00
Total Points: 353,227,038,624,011,675,238,400.00
Great posts. - Scott-Weiland  happy holidays! - jazluvr  Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!!  Happy New Year BG - HughJass  Have a Happy and Safe New Years BG! - -jose- 
Appreciated.thanks. - Scott-Weiland  Thanks for the green bro. My rep power jumped up 2 bars :lol1: - kiDynamite92  thanks jefe! - -jose-  Thx bro...cheers! - jaded  My milkshakes brings all the mods to the yard, and they're like, It's better than yours, Damn right, it's better  than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge - B0XEO 
International beer day 2015-2016 - TBear  No Message - -jose-  Thanks bro - Cuauhtémoc1520  Congrats! - Cuauhtémoc1520  You're the homie. Keep pimpin, playa. Hot cup of joe. - punchr 
An oven-fresh gooey chocolate chip cookie to go with your coffee. One day we'll fcuk Sofia Rose. Me first though :) - punchr  good times - -jose-  Always quick to respond and help. Thanks! - Box-Office  Cheers for the boss - Beercules  :kiss: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest  Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty  World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830  Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
You can use the mitts for many different things to be honest. It's a broad question that you are asking. Mitts IMO are overly used by most trainers, old school trainers like Nacho and Eddie Futch didn't even use them.

They are a good tool though and I would start by simulating sparring. Basically use them to throw combos and counters to those shots. For example, slipping the jab and coming back with the right hand. Or catching the jab and firing the jab back.

Start basic until you get used to it. Those Roger Mayweather style mitts look real nice but I don't think you get much practical use outside of a good workout and hand eye coordination.

You can use the mitts for a ton of things though.
I'm not at the point where I can just improvise. I want a basic routine that will work for 3 minutes, I can then change it up in the next round.

What are some good, but basic, combinations and combinations mixed in with slips and weaves?

e.g. I throw a jab (one), my partner slips and then comes back with a two. OK, that's easy but I can't do that the whole round. I need to mix it up but I don't want to improvise and get the wrong technique.

Give me some easy combos that I can work with...