View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 AM
House of Stone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,872,342,719.14
Total Points: 247,922,436,302.20
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner Pretend Its Klitsckos and sit on it... LOL - afiln Kick this keyboard warrior. - Weltschmerz One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas 
knows his boxing - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieBruno View Post
Neither man really controlled the fight, Wlad just did enough with his jab to win the fight

Both men fought very cagey and scared, just look at this round, it sums up the entire fight, when Wlad tried to throw his right cross, Haye stepped back and when Haye tried to throw the Haymaker, Wlad stepped back. Wlad used his weight to stop Haye getting on the inside, which Haye didnt anticipate, it was a good tactic on Wlads part, but highly boring to watch. Wlad has no inside game so he had to find a way not to get in to a tear up with Haye, therefore the weight came into play.

I would actually like to see a rematch, because i don't think either man did the fans justice. Also i think both men would know what not to do and what to do in terms of tactics.
people come down massively on Haye for his performance but fact is the myth that wlad dominated a scared haye is pants. Wlad edged out most of the rounds, he fought smart and cagey and even after twelve still had a live and dangerous opponent infront of him that he had failed to turn into a 'pizza' face. He wasn't able to do anything other than jab, hold and lean in the 12th when he was supposed to be beating up and knocking out a battered Haye. I think a rematch would be interesting, if haye had a better and more agressive strat. Wlad still big favourite obviously but it would be interesting ... more interesting than wach or mormeck anyway.