View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,093.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarry View Post
Macho Camacho would have been a helluva fight with Pacquiao. Macho wouldn't have wasted a second signing that fight. Floyd Junior is more of a puzzy hand picking opponents. Floyd Junior is not the fighter Camacho was.
In his peak years, Camacho would have been all over an opponent like Mayweather, and would have turned him upside-down and inside-out. To this day, is only rival for speed and footwork combined I'd say, was Roy Jones. As for Cotto, there is no comparison in skill, heart, durability. Camacho was a star, about whom I've written several times over the years.

I first heard of him when he put together a string of about 4-5 successive KOs against top opposition. He was described as a blazing comet-in a strictly political newspaper which never reported on boxing. I remember I was living in the Middle-East and I think he was the 130 lb. champ.

Last edited by edgarg; 11-27-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typo