Thread: History today
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,107,958,867,364.78
Total Points: 56,138,191,985,094.09
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capaedia View Post
He's the latest in the series entitled "Fast hands = Skills"

See: Zab Judah and Amir Khan.
Even Zab has some great skill at times, he just struggles to put it together for a whole, hard 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
cosign. that guy is damn good. i'm shocked at how much better he looks in each fight. unreal sharpness. he's a real technician, too. considering how few shots he takes, he'll only get better.

i'd like to see him at 135 for a while. demarco took his shots a lot better than the guys at 130 could. after he settles at 135 he can think about stepping up to 140 or even the right fighter at 147.
His improvement is amazing actually. Compared to his 12th fight against some guy that lots of people think he lost nearly every round to, though I had it a draw (which I thought was very fair, though you might have been able to give the other guy another round, but not Broner), he has improved dramatically. More than most do in fact.

His style back then was awful. Absolutely awful. It was as amateur as amateur gets. He would spazz out with wild, completely unthinking, useless flurries of punches that had no power, accuracy, purpose or any design to them whatsoever. Very different from now. He was incredibly inaccurate too, which really surprised me. He struggled mightily to land one good, clean punch on this guy, who did not have good defense.

It's shocked me to see how far he's come. I really like him, not as a person, but as a fighter. He's skilled, but fights which is all I want to see. Can't wait to see him truly tested against another good fighter though. Should be soon hopefully, as I doubt he will take much of a backwards step from Demarco.

I'd like to see him in against someone who will push aggressively and awkwardly as DeLeon did to see what type of forward progress he's really made and whether that is just a style he struggles with.