View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Alibata
Dugong Maharlika

Rep Power: 40 Alibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond reputeAlibata has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,736,754,302.86
Total Points: 22,743,131,893.82
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing is alive View Post
De La Hoya - Pac jumped 2 weight classes for this fight. First time fighting at welter, coming off a lightweight fight. ODLH was the A side, he called the shots, so this was all on him. No issues with this one.

Cotto - Fighting for Cotto's welterweight title. Since Cotto weighed in the previous fight at 146, only 1 lb less at a 145 lb catchweight was supposedly fair. But if it's only 1 lb, why not just fight at the welterweight limit?

Margarito - Tony was a career welterweight. Plus, Pac didn't even come close to making the super welter limit. No issue with this one.

Marquez 3 - The catchweight was basically their real weights without having to cut weight and rehydrate. Pac is not a full fledged welter, more like a filled out junior welter who doesn't feel like cutting weight. He's the A side, so he can call the shots on the weight. No issue with this one.

So the only one I have issue with is the Cotto fight. Cotto had a history of trouble making weight for 147 as it is, plus Cotto was the champion. The others are no big deal for the reasons stated above.
objectively only the DLH fight was unfair. I thought Pac would have lost to DLH in his prime or at the proper weight. I feel most fans without bias feel the same way. All the others would have fallen regardless of what weight they would have fought Pacquiao. I think saying that Pac has beaten weight drained fighters is a really the bias opinion of haters.