View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 48 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,126,874,921,754.54
Total Points: 1,137,475,017,371.89
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
The commission was not told of the 4 failed tests. This was broken by Idec the day before the fight.

It's not about making a big deal out of anything, it's about disclosing the test results to a supervisory body, which is their mission as you pointed out. Let the commission decide whether the dirty test is justified somehow, you report the facts in a timely manner.

How you don't see a conflict of interest is beyond me. These guys are hired by the promoter who has a strong interest in letting things slide. If someone is to grant a waiver, it should be a third party, esp if they are also sanctioning the fight and also regulate the substance.
The commission needed to make sure they were in the loop, that is a failing on them. Them being willfully ignorant is not USADA's problem, they needed to make sure they are included and have the results. The commission aren't the experts, they should get the recommendations then act.

USADA only has their reputation and allowing a boxing promoter to do shady stuff reflects poorly on them. USADA is a third party, they don't care if the fight comes off are not, who they are paid by doesn't matter. The commission gets more than USADA does from promoters in fees and taxes so I don't see why you don't see that conflict of interest. USADA is further away and has a better reputation than any boxing commission.

Still like I said USADA needs to do a better job, there were obvious failings in the Morales fight. I want to hear more about what happened, why and then what are they going to do so it doesn't go like that again. If that isn't satisfactory or this plays out again, then I will be even harsher.