View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,191,576.57
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

one wonderful sunday

excuse me, my jaw is still on the floor while doing this mini review... what an awesome film... it is the ultimate anti rom-com...

a story of 2 young lovers in the backdrop of post-war tokyo... well, strip this film of it's subtle portrayal of japan under western occupation and you are left with a beautiful story of hope and despair interplaying almost as passionate as the 2 protagonists...

of course hope wins... i don't want to sound philosophical but hope is a very powerful thing... it was what kept the lovers sane and happy in the film despite the tough luck they faced during that wonderful sunday... with the limited yen that they have, they struggled to find enjoyment through it all... it was when they turned to hope they found themselves genuinely happy and their resolve get re-fueled...

the lead actor was good but the lead actress was transcendent... the act she did towards the end of the film caught me by surprise... oh well, what can you expect from the master akira kurosawa calling the shots?

its a fvckin 10...