View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,162,636.15
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
Yea but that was Lance's argument but he wouldn't have need to make it if he could make them go away. Usually putting on legal pressure makes a side want to deal, they didn't.

No I don't think USADA would bend, if they did they are garbage and completely compromised their values for small time gains. As for the type of testing they do, that is the nature of boxing, there is no one to cover the cost over time to do year around so that can't happen. On the flip side most athletes train year around, boxing is a bit different guys train most heavily just in the months leading up to the fight. Now that would allow guys to game the system a bit but keep in mind they keep the results and can check back against them so the more someone gets tested the more they know about what they normally are (like Floyd who has been tested a bunch), so if a guy slips up even the littlest bit they will likely get caught up.

Yea I know the Enron story, if USADA is in the wrong it would be the biggest sports scandal of the last 25 years maybe longer.
Up there you're already accepting that compromises are necessary due to boxing's nature. Something like limited disclosure is just one more compromise. A necessary one, without it it's no testing at all.

Just the Morales and Quillin situations show compromises were made that wouldn't fly elsewhere. Would the Mexican ADA withhold "contaminated beef" sample results from WADA? Would they abort testing for not educating the fighters on banned substances (!?), and destroy already collected samples? In other sports these would be serious allegations, would have to be addressed pronto. Here not a peep, and nobody touched the Quillin thing for 6 months, until Hauser now.

But this is boxing, it's a backwater and assumed corrupt. You wrestle with pigs, you know you're getting dirty. You think the mainstream would be shocked that elite boxers were juicing lol? It is assumed they are. Holyfield was a bigger star, didn't really bring him down. The only reason Floyd would be a bigger story is because it came with years of fingerpointing. A cheat is bad enough, a hypocritical one is just gross.