View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,163,773,052,922.83
Total Points: 4,174,373,171,433.84
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajahBell View Post
Lance passed every test that they gave him. I don't think he expected the quasi-governmental role of the Private non-profit corporation. He expected to get prosecuted by the Feds, not a private non-profit. As, noted by his lawsuit against the USADA, he believed that his rights under the Constitution were being violated.

USADA already flexed to boxing by agreeing to an 8 week testing period instead of 24-7-365 days of testing. When the MLB instituted its Drug Testing Policy in 2006, they distrusted the USADA because of the the lack of due process and protection of the rights of athletes. Fast Forward 2010, knowing that they failed to get a major sports league under contract, do you think USADA will bend a little to Golden Boy Promotions so that they do not miss out on the $$$$$$? And if they bent a little, do you think it might change the perception of them in the eyes of the pro-leagues?

Like, I said it has Arthur Andersen(AA) type implications if true. Arthur Andersen was the "independent" auditor of Enron and Worldcom. Their job was to make sure that the financial books of those companies were reasonably correct. However, like the USADA they were being paid by their client. So, even though the USADA or AA is supposed to be "independent" they had a conflict of interest.
Yea but that was Lance's argument but he wouldn't have need to make it if he could make them go away. Usually putting on legal pressure makes a side want to deal, they didn't.

No I don't think USADA would bend, if they did they are garbage and completely compromised their values for small time gains. As for the type of testing they do, that is the nature of boxing, there is no one to cover the cost over time to do year around so that can't happen. On the flip side most athletes train year around, boxing is a bit different guys train most heavily just in the months leading up to the fight. Now that would allow guys to game the system a bit but keep in mind they keep the results and can check back against them so the more someone gets tested the more they know about what they normally are (like Floyd who has been tested a bunch), so if a guy slips up even the littlest bit they will likely get caught up.

Yea I know the Enron story, if USADA is in the wrong it would be the biggest sports scandal of the last 25 years maybe longer.